Q: Can I use my security deposit as last months rent?
A: No. The security deposit is meant to cover cleaning, carpet cleaning, and damages if not performed under the terms of lease.
Q: Is the landlord required to fix all my repair issues?
A: No. The landlord is required to keep the unit in a safe and habitable condition, excluding damage caused directly by tenants.
Q: When will I receive my security deposit refund?
A: Security deposits along with any itemized deductions will be returned within 14 business days from
the end of lease, assuming tenants have turned in keys and provided a forwarding address.
Q: Can I paint?
A: You must get written approval from the property manager before painting or making any other changes to the home.
Q: Who is responsible for yard maintenance?
A: Typically, the tenants are responsible for yard maintenance. Please make sure to review your lease for confirmation.
Q: What happens if I need to break my lease?
A: OPTION ONE – Replacement Tenant Option
: In the event a Tenant may request an early lease termination, Tenant may request
Landlord to seek an approved replacement tenant and must strictly adhere to ALL of the following procedures:
OPTION TWO - Optional Buyout Program
- Tenant must pay Landlord the $600 LEASE TERMINATION FEE.
- Tenant must specify a move out date.
- Upon receipt of payment, Landlord will begin to advertise the property in the attempts to locate a replacement tenant at terms equal to or acceptable to Landlord per the current lease agreement.
- Any replacement tenant must, in Landlord's discretion, be acceptable as a tenant and must sign a new lease agreement with terms not less favorable to Landlord than this lease.
- Tenant will continue to pay the agreed to monthly rent and all utilities until a replacement tenant is located, a new lease agreement is executed, and the replacement tenant moves in.
- Tenant will vacate the home on or before the specified date given for their early move out. Tenant is required to vacate the property with it in rent ready condition, carpets and home professionally cleaned and pest control done. Tenant is required to pay rent and utilities until the replacement tenant takes possession.
- All security deposits are then subject to the guidelines contained in this lease.
: In the event of a voluntary early lease termination, Tenant may request an
optional buyout of the remaining lease agreement terms. This program is offered under the sole discretion of Landlord
approval with strict compliance.
Q: Can I change the locks?
A: Locks may be changed at the tenant’s expense with written approval from landlord.
Tenant will be responsible for providing management with two sets of all keys.
Q: Can I make changes to the property?
A: No. The lease clearly states that you are not allowed to make any repairs to the property
without written consent. Please contact the office if you feel you need any repair work done.
Q: Can I get a pet after I move in?
A: Any pet would have to be fully screened and if approved, tenant must sign a pet addendum and pay the pet deposit and pet rent.
Q: How can I renew my lease?
A: We would love for you to renew your lease. We will contact you approximately 60-90 days from lease expiration to discuss your lease renewal.